About the Property
Come and enjoy this recently re-loved Cape Cod home found at the end of a quiet private cul-de-sac in West Dennis. Enjoy the woodsy view from the home's expansive, new deck. Grill your favorites on the Gas BBQ and dine outdoors on the deck’s patio set. Nearby you will find several waterview restaurants & loads of attractions too! West Dennis Beach is just under a mile away and your Mid-Cape location will also be a perfect jumping off point for exploring the Cape and enjoying your day trips.
This bright and airy 3-bedroom home with its calm, coastal colors can be a warm and inviting space to unwind at the end of your Cape Cod days. It is also adjacent to a peaceful wooded area that borders Kelly’s Pond.
Dennis is a great place to spend your vacation. It is centrally located in the “Heart Of The Cape" can be the perfect spot to enjoy the bounty of things to see and do here on the Cape as well enjoy the Three R’s of a Cape Cod Summer .... RELAXING, ROAMING & RESTAURANTS !!! Spend long, lazy days at the beach or get out and tour the Cape and the Islands from this vacation home and enjoy its Mid-Cape locale. Come visit and make some of your own wonderful Cape Cod memories here at the PondView. Make the PondView your home away from home on the Cape.
** BEFORE BOOKING – BE SURE TO CHECK OUT ALL OF THE DETAILS BELOW – IF YOU ARE READY THEN REACH OUT AND BOOK YOUR SELECTED DATES **
THE DETAILS – You enter your vacation home into the living area with its comfortable furnishings, understated seaside décor and a floor to ceiling brick fireplace*. The living room is bright and cheery with a large picture window where you can catch a glimpse of the pond. It opens to a generous eat-in kitchen with granite counters, stainless appliances and a table for family meals, games etc. The kitchen is equipped to create a great breakfast to start your day and then a big BBQ for your group to enjoy while dining on the large deck. There is a glass slider that opens from the living room onto the expansive deck area with patio set and umbrella and settee.
BED/BATH - The home’s three bedrooms all have hardwood flooring. The primary bedroom and second bedrooms both have queen beds, and you will find two single/twin beds in the third bedroom. All bedrooms have a dresser as well as a hanging organizer in the closet. Behind the closet door is a full-length mirror great for getting ready for the day or evening. There is full bath with a combination tub/shower.
OUTDOORS - The deck with its serene view is a perfect spot to rise and enjoy your morning serenity while others may choose to sleep in. Enjoy the sounds of nature while you sip on your favorite morning beverage. The deck can also be a wonderful space to enjoy a good book, some sunshine or maybe simply relax after the beach or dinner while the sun sets over the pond. There is also a “pee-a-boo” view of the pond across the road. In the side yard below, you will find a striped hammock for two. There is also an outdoor shower perfect for after the beach rinsing. There is off-street parking for two vehicles.
THE LOCATION – NEARBY West Dennis is home the ever-popular, mile long West Dennis Beach and has a delightful mix of grand historic homes and waterfront estates to simple, cozy beach cottages and homes. You will be nearby to many activities, restaurants and attractions. Including several waterview restaurants within in a mile. The town is smack dab in the center of the Cape and is brimming with an endless supply of activities that your whole group is sure to love in summer, spring and fall. Winter brings the quiet season that many still enjoy for their getaways and school breaks
THE BEACHES - Of, course your trip to the Cape wouldn’t be complete without a day (or several) spent at the beach and there are 16 public beaches in town including two freshwater beaches. The beach is always a part of a Cape Cod vacation and West Dennis Beach is your closest beach to The PondView. It is a 4-minute drive (just under 1 mi.)
West Dennis beach is a mile long stretch of easily accessible waterfront on Nantucket Sound. It also has ample parking that stretches all along the water's front. Simply park your vehicle and the sand is literally just one step up making this beach perfect for families with young children and also for some that may have a mobility issue. Morning and evening you will find locals and visitors alike walking along the mile long paved area set back from the shore. At the end of this long beach you can also enjoy watching the brightly colored sails of the windsurfers and kite surfers catch the breezes along the shore. .
Dennis is one of only a few towns to enjoy both bay side and ocean beaches. You won't have to travel far to sample additional beaches. You will also be just minutes to several other popular Nantucket Sound beaches and don’t forget Dennis has 16 public beaches to enjoy including the fantastic beaches on the bay and two fresh water beaches as well.
DINING CHOICES - You will have a myriad of dining choices from family fare to fine dining and will be within walking distance (.5 mi) to 2 water view restaurants and minutes away to several more. Here is just a sample of some of the more popular Dennis summer spots, water view restaurants and beach bars.... they include but not limited to ..........The Sand Bar, The Summer Shanty, The Lighthouse Inn, Sundancer's, Clancy's, Swan River Restaurant and Fish Market, The Pelahm House, The Ocean House Restaurant & Beach Bar, The Cleat and Anchor, The Oyster Company, Chapin's Beach Bar, The Red Nun, Sun Dancers. And the list goes on and on. In Dennis alone your choices range from simple, iconic clam shacks to popular upscale dining spots.
ACTIVITIES – Active vacationers will find loads to do here in Dennis … .. Cycling, Kayaking, Golf, SUP, Windsurfing, Sport Fishing, KiteBoarding, Island Hopping and more. West Dennis beach is favorite among Windsurfers and Kiteboarders alike. The Bass River just down the road is where you will find kayaking and stand-up paddling (SUP) rentals. There is also a public launch area for kayaking right on Kelly’s Pond. About three minutes away you can find two public boat launch areas. And if tee times are on your mind.......don't forget that we also have two great public golf courses in town, and both also offer dining options including outdoor dining. Popular Blue Rock Golf Course is just 2 miles away. Take a short drive (5-10 min) to several parks and nature trails. There are also several public tennis courts in town. And for cycling, The Cape Cod Rail Trail (CCRT) is just minutes away. The CCRT is a 25-mile-long cycling trail from Yarmouth to Wellfleet. The trail will take you past glacial kettle ponds, cranberry bogs and other classic Cape Cod scenic vistas. The home is also within minutes of several departure points for the ferries to the islands of Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard. Sportfishing charters can be found minutes away and leave from Saquatucket Harbor. And of course, there are a load of family fun activities (see below). There is something for everyone.
CHILDREN/FAMILY FUN - Kids of all ages love Cape Cod! Families can have a full day of activities on the Cape and Islands, beginning with the beach, bike rides, batting cages and mini-golf, and ending with a movie and popcorn at one of the nation’s only remaining drive-in theaters. Family fun is at ever-present all over the Cape. You will find a multitude of family-friendly activities and nearly every type can be found within minutes of The PondView. Here in the land of ice cream parlors, candy stores, paddle boat rentals, mini golf, bumper cars, several great playgrounds, batting cages, go-carts, arcades and family activities abound
THE QUICK CHECKLIST
• Three Bedroom, One Bath Condo with Tub/Shower Combo
• Sunny, Well Equipped Eat-In Kitchen .... Recently updated with Granite Counters and Stainless appliances
• Comfy living room with a large picture window that has a peek-a-boo view of tranquil Kelley's Pond
• Home has hardwood floors in living room and all bedrooms
• Kitchen Small Appliances include: Countertop Toaster, Coffee Maker & French Press, Blender, Hand Mixer, Waffle Iron and BBQ Utensils,
• Beach Gear Included: beach umbrella & anchor, sand chairs, a small cooler, children’s sand toys and a beach buggy to carry it all.
• Gas BBQ Grill
• Just under a mile to popular West Dennis Beach (4 min by car)
• High Speed Internet/Wi-Fi
• Family games and a small library of beach reads including some children’s books for bedtime stories
• Off-street parking for two vehicles - as stated above we are located on a private one lane road with no on-street parking available.
• No Pets – Including but not limited to dogs, cats, reptiles, birds, rodents etc.
• No Smoking Anywhere on the Premises
• 1/2 Mile to two waterfront restaurants and loads others within minutes of your summer getaway
• Also, quick access to many great restaurants, coffee shops, ice-cream, beaches, groceries, shopping, fishing, golf and tennis.
• Quick access to several popular golf courses In South Yarmouth and Dennis
• Off Season we offer short stays. We are happy to say that we offer short stays outside of July and August. Most time frames we prefer a three-night minimum. All holiday weekends will have a three-night minimum.
• Accessibility - Although the home is one level, is without thresholds and has a wider hallway this home may not be suitable for guests with mobility issues. The bathroom entry door may not accommodate some wheelchairs. It also has terraced stairs up to the home and an additional four steps to the front door.
• The fireplace will not be operational. We recently purchased this home and had the chimney inspected which revealed a cracked flue.. We are planning for a gas log fireplace.
• Sorry, due to family member's severe allergies this home is not pet-friendly.
• If you do not see it listed here or noted in the platform's listing - we most likely do not have it or offer it but certainly reach out and ask.
SUMMER RENTALS - We are offering Friday to Friday weekly rentals 2022 (Jul/Aug). This gives guests a full weekend on the Cape. You can check in Friday afternoon at 3PM. Pack the car, drive down and enjoy the entire weekend of fun on the Cape. Also, when you return home, you have two days to catch up before returning to work. All other time frames rentals can begin/end on any day of the week. We offer fee free weekly rentals in July and August only. All other dates will be required to pay the cleaning fee. We cannot figure it into our nightly rate for shorter stays as we do not know how many nights each guest will stay and want to assess it fairly.
THE RENTAL PROCESS - After you reach out via this site, we will respond to let you know that your dates are currently available, and we attach our Reservation Request form. Once we receive that back from you we pencil you in and send you details about completing your deposit ($500.00). Once we receive your deposit your dates are confirmed and we send your Confirmation/Rental Agreement that needs to be signed within 72 hours and returned.
COVID INFO - We have supplied additional anti-bacterial cleaners for your use as well as the bleach/water solution suggested by the CDC. We have restored our bedding/pillows and paper & books etc. back to pre-COVID state. We will refund guests in full who are booked during dates where the state of Massachusetts bans any short term rentals due to COVID restrictions. All guests should consider insurance.
OCCUPANCY TAXES – State and Local taxes of 14.45% will be added to your rental. Taxes are assessed on all portions of your rental costs except security deposits.
OTHER THINGS TO NOTE -
• Your home's interior is guest ready and waiting for your stay. As noted, we have completed many updates. The only item that remains on our current list is new windows. Due to manufacturing and supply chain delays we have not been able to complete the window project. However, we do not think that our vintage windows will interfere with your enjoyment of the home or the Cape!! However, if you feel they might this may not be a good fit for you.
• We require all guests to sign our rental agreement. We also attach guest expectations/house rules to our agreement. House rules are much more than just a list of do's and don’ts. They set expectations for guests and give you a preview into our hosting style. They also help guests evaluate whether your space is a good fit before they book it, which can make for a better experience. Because of the importance of house rules, we can make the available to guests before you book.
• Please bring your own sheets and towels everything else is provided. Two queen sets, two twin/single sets. We keep our rates lower this way for folks that would prefer to bring their own linens & save money. Alternatively, you can choose linen service for an additional $145.00 This will provide you all sheets/pillowcases and towels for bath, kitchen and beach (in Jul/Aug) or you can enlist a local vendor to supply/deliver your linens. You will find pillows, pillow covers, mattress pad and a coverlet/quilt on your beds. Additional blankets in the linen closet.
• Summer of 2022 during July and August we have waived adding a cleaning fee and do not assess any other fees, so that guests know their total rental rate up front without additional added fees.
• The chimney and fireplace* were inspected recently. Unfortunately, there is a crack in the flue that creates a potential for sparks enabling them to get past the chimney and cause a fire in the home. So, we cannot permit any fires in the fireplace.
• You may find this listing a bit long….. We do apologize but our goal is happy guests. We prefer that our guests have all of the information needed to make the best decision for their group and that they arrive well-informed with realistic expectations ……. so we share it all here with you. .
• If you do not see something on the listing that you would need or want or would like anything clarified please reach out and ask. We do our best to be ultra-transparent. So more than likely if we have the item or amenity, it is listed here. Not every small appliance and amenity can be shared here so reach out if there is something specific that you would like or prefer and ask if we have it.
• All photos are true representations of the home. We do not use any wide-angle lens photography or decorator staging. What you see in our photos is what to expect. We may have to change items due to issues during the summer season, but all of the contents are photographed recently as is.
• Your Vacation Home is part of a family-run duplex. Yet it feels like a stand-alone cottage as you do not share any common space, or amenities with your neighbor. Each vacation home has its own separate entrance, as well as outdoor spaces including outdoor showers and the green space is located at the end of each unit for sense of privacy.
Other Vacation Rental Amenities
Hangers, Fire extinguisher, HDTV, Hot water, Portable fans, Children’s tableware, Pots and pans, oil, salt and pepper, Dishes and silverware, Barbecue utensils, Shampoo, Body wash, Shower gel, Conditioner, BBQ gas grill, Smoke alarm, Carbon monoxide alarm, First aid kit.
Connect directly with owners
Cut out the middleman
No booking or service fees
Save up to 20% over other websites
Cape Cod's #1 vacation rental site
We're the experts
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Min Stay|
Feb 23 2022 - Nov 27 2022
May 01 2022 - May 26 2022
May 27 2022 - May 30 2022
May 31 2022 - Jun 16 2022
Jun 17 2022 - Jun 23 2022
Security Deposit: $500
Cleaning Fee: $165
Tax Rate: 14.45%
Check-in: 3 :00 pm to 9:00 pm
Check out: 10:00 am
Last updated May 19, 2022
Calendar last updated: May 19, 2022
Guestbook comments from the owner:
Kathleen’s place was very spacious and clean and she checked in with us often to make sure everything was ok. The location was perfect for easy access to many places on Cape Cod. We really enjoyed our stay!
It was great!!!
Great house. Cozy and comfortable. Highly recommended.
great location, clean and comfortable space
Fall into the Cape
Fall is my favorite time to visit the Cape . Stayed at a different Cottage this time in Dennis, and had a Beautiful Vacation. The Cottage Home was well appointed with needed Items and Utensils. My Favorite place was sitting on the large Deck that had a beautiful view of the Pond. It was hidden away on a little road that was quiet and peaceful to come back to after days of Sightseeing,Side trips and Shopping. The Beautiful Beach was just minutes drive to see Sunsets snd collect Shells. The Cottage was close to Beaches Restaurants and many Activities. Would certainly like to relax there again in the future. Also had comfy beds to rest on and the Decor was very Nice too.
Stayed: September 2021Submitted: October 15, 2021